Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alligator King!


I went to the Texas Freshwater Fishery the other day in Athens. We saw lots of Texas creatures and actually got to fish. My brother, Sam and I actually caught a couple catfish in the pond. We used corn and stink-bait. We fed more fish than we caught. It was fun.
My favorite thing to see was the American Alligator. They live near my home. We saw a baby gator once when we were in a canoe at Caddo Lake. You have to be very careful and respect their homes or they will attack. Someday soon my family is going to go to the alligator farm in Louisiana for a closer look at these creatures. I also want to visit Florida to see their alligators (and manatees, and burrowing owls). I love these reptiles!

1 comments:

Isaura said...

Looks like you guys had fun Matthew! Next time you visit we'll have to take a trip to Brazos Bend where there are lots of alligators and different animal habitats. You know the Indians once roamed that area.
How was the oil museum? You know I've always wanted to go there on our way to Gilmer but its never open when we drive through. You are a really smart kid. We love you :)
aunt Isaura